Monday, October 15

Kiva: Loans that Change Lives

Have you ever thought about how unfair it was that you were born into relative wealth?(relative being to the rest of the world)

Have you ever felt the burden to help those in third world poverty but had no idea how?

With all the corruption in third world governments it seems almost impossible for me to actually make a difference in someone's life.

Well, I think it just got a little easier.

I read an article this morning about an amazing idea to change peoples lives. Read this article, and then go to Kiva's website to learn more. I think it's an amazing idea.

3 comments:

Nick said...

Yup, these microloan programs are wonderful sources of hope. I'm excited to see them grow.

Anonymous said...

Potentially cool idea, but I wonder how much interest the lenders are charging on the other end?

Luke said...

Well, since the vast majority of people are paying back the principle, and usually the interest is paid back before the principle, I would say it's probably not excessive.