Tuesday, July 21

Amazing...Grace

This video touched my heart and brought tears to my eyes. The Lord brought to my mind a picture of me in the bottom of a slave ship called SIN, and Christ, to show His mercy and grace, reached down into the filthy stinking bowels of that ship and pulled me out. But He didn't stop at just pulling me out of this filth. He immediately put the most beautiful white robe over my shoulders and declared me righteous before the Creator God of the Universe.

It is here I stand, the only place I could stand - beneath this robe of righteousness - trusting in God's promise of sanctification. God forgive me when my flesh pulls me back toward the filth of that ship.

John Newton, the author of the song in the video said this: "I am not what I ought to be. I am not what I want to be. I am not what I hope to be. Yet I can truly say, I am not what I once was."

And to that I say Amen.

May God use this video to touch you like it touched me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Black Churches, Debates on Catholic Theology, Blogs on Jehovah! Bring on the one world united corporate church. Be Excellent to one another. As Bill and Ted would say. That's all they will remember of church in the future.