Tuesday, August 2

Quotes

The mathematical sciences particularly exhibit order, symmetry, and limitation; and these are the greatest forms of the beautiful.
--Aristotle (384-322 BC) Metaphysica

I don't believe in mathematics.
--Albert Einstein

Do not worry about your problems with mathematics, I assure you mine are far greater.
--Albert Einstein

A mathematician is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat which isn't there
--Charles R. Darwin

The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing -- and then marry him.
- Cher (I love this one!)

My Personal Favorite! This guy definitely has an attitude problem and would do well to read the last quote in this list! :)
Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe and not make messes in the house.
--Lazarus Long, "Time Enough for Love", (Robert A. Heinlein)

Kind words do not cost much. They never blister the tongue or lips. They make other people good-natured. They also produce their own image on men's souls, and a beautiful image it is. --Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)

1 comment:

Anon said...

I'd never heard that Einstein said "I don't believe in mathematics." That's humorous.

I love the one that's your personal favorite. Inability to cope with math?! C'mon! ;)