Friday, June 22

More than you wanted to know.

If you couldn't care less about what I do for a living, then stop reading now. :-)


This building has been consuming way too much of my time lately. I've put in a lot more overtime this week than I'm used to. The picture above (low resolution) is the duct work layout in one quarter of the building on the second floor of four. The blue is the supply duct work which delivers hot or cold air to the occupied space and the yellow is the return duct work which takes air from the room back to the main fans in the basement (which are really really big).

The two next pictures give you an idea of how big some of this equipment is and how confusing the ducts supplying and returning air can be. The first one is my boss next to the chilled water coil. Those pipes he's looking at go in and feed a bunch of smaller pipes which are in the air-stream just down from the fan. As the air blows over these pipes full of cold water the air cools down and dehumidifies. Then it's pushed through the ductwork to the space.


1 comment:

ajp said...

You build stuff and I will take care of people. Sounds like a plan.