Wednesday, July 18

Pictures

I've been wanting to post some pictures of our honeymoon for a long time, and I just haven't gotten around to it. In the mean time my family went on a weekend vacation to Kentucky, so I thought I'd throw some of those pictures in too. The captions go with the picture directly above them.

















This is the beautiful setting for our honeymoon. (Naples, Florida)


















This is me inserted into previously shown beautiful setting. :-)























I don't know how well you can see it, but this is a live crab. One pincher was as big as his body and the other one was much smaller.























This is me on a part of the beach that was literally covered in shells. You can see the difference between where my feet are and where my hands are. I'm picking up handfuls of broken shells.


















This is me acting brave and getting a close look at an alligator.


















This is Heidi actually being brave and holding an alligator!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now switch over to our Kentucky mini-vacation. We went to the Kentucky Horse Park for the day on Saturday.

















They had an Arabian Horse competition going on in the main arena.


















This is a Paso Fino. It's gait is beautiful to watch. It has the smoothest ride of any breed.


















This is some of my family petting a Tennessee Walker. My family owned some of these back in the days when I was small (around 20 years ago).



















One of the few pictures of my adorable niece smiling for a camera!

8 comments:

Traever Guingrich said...

kentucky horse park, that must have been a dream come true

Luke said...

the traever: Did I detect a hint of sarcasm in that comment?

Are you in Ben & Lexi's potluck Friday night?

Traever Guingrich said...

yes and yes

Wendi said...

I like the pictures! OH, so you're not going to be home Friday night?

Luke said...

Wendi: Thanks. :-)

Nope, this Friday night we have potluck at Ben & Lexi's. Are you ready to come home though? You'll have to come over sometime and tell us all about it!

Wendi said...

what time will you be home Friday night? I think Roger and Lavonne might drop me off at your house.

Luke said...

I'm not sure what time we'll get home. Just give us a call sometime and we'll work it out.

Wendi said...

ok. see ya!