Monday, November 26

*deep breath* Thanksgiving weekend.

Sorry about that "mind trick" post. I'll try and do a better job of checking my facts before I post. If you want to see the actual facts read the *edit* at the bottom of that post.

Well, the holiday weekend is over. It was a whirlwind for Heidi and me. Thursday we did two family Thanksgivings. One at noon and one at five.

Friday morning we got up, took my car to the repair shop and headed for Kansas. We ate lunch with Caleb and Bethany in Hannibal (we just happened to get there within 10 minutes of each other). Friday night we went to Sabetha's Window Opening. :-) It's such a small town thing. All the shops decorate their stores with a theme (Christmas around the World was this year's), and people just flock to main street to get cider, popcorn, and candy while they browse the shops. The best part about it was that EVERY ONE was there, so I got to see lots of people I haven't seen in a long time.

We spent the weekend at Jill and Larry Meyer's. Jill and my wife Heidi are first cousins. Their daughter loved me (which is nice 'cause some of Heidi's little cousins are...well...not real fond of me).

Saturday we at lunch with Brooke and Vince Francesi (in town for the weekend) at Gus's Grill. I true culinary delight...or small town greasy spoon...whatever.

Saturday night we went to testimonies at church and then with the single group afterwards (is that still legal even after you're married?).

Sunday was baptisms at church then on the road by 4:00pm. We made it home in 6 hours and 15 minutes with one stop. The only bad part of the trip was that I got sick. My throat got really sore and now I'm suffering today. I've got a sore throat, body aches, stuffy head, and the occasional sneeze. Bleh.

Good times.

6 comments:

megs said...

sounds like you guys had a very full weekend.

ps- i still appreciate it when married people come around. just beause people get married doesn't mean they have to stop being your friends, i don't know why some think they need to....

Wendi said...

awww... Luke's sick. Somehow I can't have sympathy for you, since you don't ever have sympathy for me. ;)


...

...

...

...

...


But I still love you.
(whoa, I sounded like Heidi there for a sentence.)

:D

p.s. come over sometime.. it seems like it's been ages since you came.. cuz I wasn't there last time.

Tifani said...

of course it's legal...what are you thinking????

Luke said...

Wendi: See the difference between me being sick and you being sick is that I really AM sick. :-) hehe

It's ok, Heidi says you can love me too. We're all one big happy family right?

We'll come over sometime soon. I'm glad you miss us. :-) We miss you too.

Wendi said...

Luke- remember when I lost my voice? I really was sick then! :)

Feeling any better today?

Luke said...

Ok, so I guess you do get sick sometimes too...

I actually am feeling much better today. I woke up this morning feeling better and then I kept feeling better throughout the day. Now it's 9:30pm and we're getting ready for bed. I think one more good nights rest will knock it out for good. yay!

Hopefully we'll make it to your house either tomorrow or Thursday.