Friday, March 28

You just never know

Yesterday was one of those crazy spring days we have in the midwest. We got a mixture of rain, hail, and ice pellets over parts of central IL. My boss came into my office around 5:30pm and said his wife was driving on I-74 on the west side of Peoria and people were in the ditch all over the place due to ice on the roads even though it was above freezing all day, so he warned me to be careful on my way home (not that I have far to go).

Little did I know that those driving conditions would have a bigger impact on me than I thought. We got a call last night around 10:15pm to tell us that Uncle Ray Feucht had his life taken from him in a car accident around 5:45pm. He had lost control on a slick patch of road right around the time I was leaving work. He was around 79-80 years old and still very full of life. He was easy man to love. He is survived by his wife Marge and several children and grandchildren.

Praise God that he had a saving relationship with his Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. I look forward to seeing Uncle Ray in heaven some glorious day.

Let's all try to live a little more like today might be our last.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*praying for you and your family*

Anonymous said...

Interesting