Tuesday, September 2

Weekend Updates

I realized today that's it's been a full two weeks since I've updated this. Usually I use some break time at work to keep this updated, and lately, well, there hasn't been much break time at work. We've been cranking on a project for ICC that just went to the printer this morning. It feels so good to be able stretch a little bit now that I'm out from under that deadline.

Heidi & I went to Michigan over Labor day with the Snyders to visit Jake & Meika. We were sorry we had to miss the Sabetha wedding, but we had an amazingly wonderful time in Michigan. It was good to catch up with friends we hadn't seen in awhile and make new friends also. The weather was absolutely perfect the entire 3 days. We spent Saturday on the beach at Lake Michigan playing volleyball, swimming, and relaxing. We had a lot of good late-night discussions. We learned that Jake refuses to ever change his children's diapers. :-) Meika's praying that will change when the time comes. My wife learned that Benedryl does not put her to sleep, but, in fact, does the exact opposite. Kenton & I both affirmed that we are very thankful we don't have to drive in Chicago traffic on a regular basis.
















In other fun news, Heidi & I came home to some wonderful landscape work that was done while we were gone! We now have brick edging along the front of our home thanks to Josh Gerber! That man has the most servant heart of anyone I've ever met. Thanks again Josh! We really owe you big time. My Heidi & I keep saying that we just may have to name our first-born boy after him for all he's done for us. I'll have to take some pictures of the beautiful work he did and post them here.

No comments: