Monday, January 19

Time

It feels like forever since I've written anything on this blog. A lot has been happening over the past month or so.

I've scheduled to take my professional engineering exam in April. If I pass this test I will be able to legally stamp drawings and take responsibility for designs. It's a pretty big step in my career, so I'm pretty excited. But it's also known to be a really tough test, so we'll see how it goes. I'm taking a section of the test that is relatively new, so there are not a lot of review materials for it.

Heidi has scheduled her Nursing Boards. She's taken a review class and a bunch of practice tests. She's nervous, but we're trying to stay positive as we know it's ultimately all in God's hands. One of the stressors is that she can't start work on her floor until after she's a licensed nurse, so that kind of adds to the pressure.

We went to Florida with Heidi's family last week. Turns out it was a great week to not be in the Midwest. Unfortunately the same cold front that made it so bitter cold in Illinois also lowered the temps in Florida, so we didn't quite have our "beach vacation", but it was still better than home. Heidi got a lot of use out of our new camera, so hopefully I'll get some pictures up here soon. SeaWorld, in Orlando, was a definite highlight. The killer whale show was absolutely amazing. Watching these huge graceful animals interact so beautifully with their handlers was breath-taking.

Peace.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Good luck on the pe! James hopes to take it in the next couple of years...you'll have to let him know how it went.

megs said...

when i was down in taylor this past week it was amazing to see the huge clydesdales running and jumping around. God's beauty never ceases to amaze me! i'm glad that it doesn't though, it reminds me of how human i really am!!