Tuesday, March 10

*sigh*

I was very thankful for my wife's good attitude this morning. Especially considering that I woke her up to tell her I was going to be running the wet/dry vac in our basement.

Yep, that's right. Our basement had water in it...again. (full disclosure: the picture on the left is not a photo of the actual event.)

Thankfully it wasn't near as bad as last time. Our floor drains were doing their job, and our sump pump was doing it's job. The problem this time was that the floor isn't sloped toward the floor drains very well, so when our septic tank refused to take any more water and overflowed into our house, it just pooled on the floor. I'm pretty sure most of the water on our floor came from my shower this morning. At least, I'm hoping most of it came from there rather than leaking up through the floor. It's hard to tell where water came from once it's all spread out.

So Heidi's going to keep an eye on it today, and hopefully the worst of it's over. In the meantime, we can't let any water go down the drain.

But I'm thankful my wife kept a good perspective through it all. I'm so blessed to have her as a helper.

No comments: