Saturday, December 24

FAITH TO WAIT

By Dr. James MacDonald

“They who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength” Isaiah 40:31

I used to find it hard to get the significance out of the Christmas story because I was always focused on the individual participants: the shepherds, the wise men, Mary, and the others. But I came to understand that really there is nothing significant about any of those common, ordinary people. Their significance is in their proximity to Jesus Christ.

It’s no different today. There’s nothing significant about you or me. We’re not important in any way except as we align ourselves with Jesus Christ the Lord in the building of His kingdom. That is where our joy and fulfillment is found in this life.

Read More Here:

5 comments:

Whistle Britches said...

Merry Christmas Luke. Happy Holy
Days. I am having another game/giveaway if you would care to play and win another prize.

Is Congerville having a white Christmas?

Luke said...

Congerville is having a white Christmas...in a slushy sorta way. :) It was raining last night when I went to bed and sometime during the night it turned to snow, so it's a very thick slushy snow, but white none-the-less.

jw said...

Great passage, true and humbling.
Merry Christmas and God bless!!

Anonymous said...

so brother after this weekend...i'm officially planning on a change come spring...:) think it will work???
Its me

Luke said...

Joel 2:21
Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice: for the LORD will do great things.


Let me know how I can help!! :) This is exciting!