Tuesday, January 16

Sufficient

Sufficient: Being as much as is needed

I'm thankful for the sufficiency of Christ. He will supply as much as is needed in my life, and in His sovereignty He supplies exactly that.

I may reflect on my spiritual life and think, "Why doesn't God give me more patience?"

I may reflect on my physical circumstances and think, "Why has God given me so much?"

I may reflect on my emotional state and think, "Why am I so insecure?"

Then Christ calls out to me from the cross and says, "Why are you looking at other things? Focus your eyes on Me. I am sufficient."

God is working a perfect work in His children. Submit to that work. Everything has a purpose, and God is in control.

Next time you get frustrated, angry, confused, depressed, etc... remember to focus on Jesus and keep the main thing the main thing.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luke, I happened upon your blog, and God must have known that I needed to read this entry. It's so true, but exactly what I have been struggling with the last couple of days. I think it's amazing that God uses other Christians to help build us up if we just stop and take the time to notice. Thanks for your blog and in particular this entry. It's really help clear up some of my frustrations this past week!

Luke said...

Jen,

Thanks for the encouraging comment! I also marvel at how God uses us to carry out His purposes.

Anonymous said...

God is sufficient, but my faith keeps forgettin.

Luke said...

Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God!

That's why marinating our mind in God's Word is so critical!!

Eddo said...

I wish that the background of this site wasn't such an odd shade of purple because I really want to read what you have to say, but the purple drives me away.

Happy Wednesday.

Luke said...

Eddo: *grin* Nice. I have two words in response to that:

1. Kansas
2. State

If you want I can email you posts on a nice white background. :-)

JakeGman said...

I am going to have to agree with Eddo on this one!! you need to change your color...it has been like this for too long...plus, it is the wrong shade of purple if you were a true K-state fan! goes to show how much you care!! K-state's is def. a darker shade. :)

Go Blue!

Luke said...

Jake: Thanks for the constructive criticism. I'll see what I can do.

Anonymous said...

Greetings Everyone,

Existence is but an extension of yourself.
I am sufficient.
I am limitless; my choices reflect my limitlessness.
That which you are is that which I am, and that which I am is that which you are.
That which you choose, you do so out of joy.
All that I am is love; all that you are is love.

If any of this resonates with you, you and everyone you know are invited to take part in a discussion a number of us are having on these statements and how they apply to our lives. We are also having a number of other discussions.

Everyone is welcome. The choice is yours.

Melody
www.thewonders.com