Thursday, April 17

*deep breath*

Well, it's official now. :-) My wife and I have decided to see if we can sell our condo. We're going to leave it on the market for 6 months and see what happens. If it sells, we're going to move out to the country about 10 minutes northwest of Morton.

Mom & Dad Pfaffman own a 3 bedroom ranch that they're going to rent to us. It needs a little work, but Heidi & I enjoy that type of thing and we'll work out a labor-for-rent deal, so that should be good.

We have mixed emotions about selling. We really enjoy our condo and it's location, but we should be able to save faster if we move, so we're going to give it a shot and see what happens. I counseled with several people about selling and tried to think about all the angles. In the end, it just made sense to list it. We're resting in God's sovereignty, knowing that if it's supposed to sell, it will, and if not, then it won't. We serve a good God who always has our sanctification at heart. We're thankful.

If anyone knows someone who's looking for a place in Morton, here's the link to our ad.

Also, if anyone has any good advice on selling your own home, I'd love to hear it. I feel like I'm in a little over my head here. :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck.

megs said...

the caption that says "this condo has quiet neighbors" needs to read "this condo has quiet neighbors that will get mad at you and be very angry for eternity if you sneeze, because they will hear you!" :]

i especially enjoyed the time they didn't like kenton's drum playing while we were singing in the basement! hehe

God be w/ you as you take this new and different step in life... i didn't feel like saying "good luck" :]

Luke said...

Actually Meg, they've gotten a lot better. I haven't had any problems with them in a long time. In fact, they voted me in as President after Caleb left. We get along fine now.