Tuesday, April 29

A Little Clarity

Do you ever have those moments where it just becomes so clear that you don't have any thing figured out?

We go through our lives planning, learning, doing, and yet sometimes I have this realization that - well - I'm just kind of stumbling along. Yet I put on this facade of having things together. I put on this air of confidence. Sometimes I even manage to fool myself into believing it. When someone else has questions and they turn to me for advice and/or answers, I confidently state my "opinion" on the matter. As if, somehow,(through my whole twenty seven years on this planet)I've managed to figure something out.

I know it's cliche, but the older I get the more I realize I don't know. That's a rather unsettling thought. How ignorant will I be when I'm 70?

These moments of clarity shed a little light on 1 Corinthians 2:2 "For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

I feel a burden to remember that this is all I really know. This is all I need to know. I need to let others know that Christ is all I know.

1 Corinthians 8:2-3 And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know. But if any man love God, the same is known of him.

1 comment:

ercwttmn said...

wonderful post, thanks for the verses