Monday, June 23

Birthday weekend

My wonderful wife surprised me with a great relaxing weekend. Unbeknown to me, she invited Joe and Lindsey Knochel over for the weekend.

We had Knapp Birthday's Friday night and she was ready to go pretty early, but on the way home she said Heidi Snyder wanted her to stop by and pick some "stuff" up. When we got to Snyder's the Knochels were there to surprise me. Kenton, Joe, and I went and did some fishing Sat. morning. The weather was gorgeous. Then we went and ate some breakfast at Cracker Barrel. We went swimming at Heidi Snyder's cousin's (dog's brother's uncle) pool, relaxed a little before supper, and then had an amazing meal. My wife bought steaks, and made baked potatoes and green beans and croissant roles. Pretty much my favorite meal. We topped it all off with a homemade strawberry pie w/graham cracker crust , which was amazing!

So yeah, I'm 27 now. I gained a whole year in one day. Saturday I was 26, and just like that, Sunday I'm 27.

yeah well.

We're starting to get the ball rolling on fixing up the house we're moving into. We close on our home on July 7th, and it's sneaking up on us fast. My wife has all the paint picked out. We need to fix some plaster cracks before we paint. We're getting new countertops in the kitchen, buying a fridge and a microwave, installing a new mirror/light in the bathroom, putting a carpet remnant in the basement, installing new switch/receptacle covers, and various other winklebits (and yes, I just made that word up).

We're very thankful for our parents' willingness to help us out. They've been super supportive through this.

God is good.

2 comments:

ajp said...

Dude, your old.

sarah said...

winkelbits. that's great.