Tuesday, January 5

My Bible

This is from James MacDonald's blog.This is my Bible.

I am who it says I am. Matthew 5:16
I can do what it says I can do. Philippians 4:13
I am going where it says I will go. John 14:3

God’s Word is milk for my soul. 1 Peter 2:2
God’s Word is seed for my faith. Luke 8:11
God’s Word is light for my path. Psalm 119:105
God’s Word is power for my victory. Hebrews 4:12
God’s Word is freedom for my life. John 8:32

When I read God’s Word it brings me joy. Jeremiah 15:16
When I study God’s Word, it keeps me from shame. 2 Timothy 2:15
When I memorize God’s Word, it purifies my heart. Psalm 119:11
When I quote God’s Word, it defeats my enemies. Ephesians 6:10, 17
When I meditate on God’s Word, it brings me success. Joshua 1:8
When I abide in God’s Word, it gives me confidence. John 15:7

I am a Bible-believing follower of Jesus Christ!

You might be able to quickly read down through the list above and nod and say to yourself, "Yep, I believe all those." But do you? Really? Do you live like it? Do I?

What would be different in your life, if you really believed and acted on just the first two?

How would your Bible Study habits be different if you really believed and acted on 4 through 8?

Let 2010 bring us a renewed vigor to yearn to know God better through the study of His Word and the application of it's principles.

God Bless

No comments: