Tuesday, April 24

Faith

I believe...Lord help my unbelief.

There is so much wrapped up in that simple statement.

Lord, I want to be all that you call me to be...Lord, help me to be all that you call me to be.

Lord, I want to be obedient to your Word...Lord, help me be obedient to your Word.

Lord, I want a burning desire for you...Lord, give me a burning desire for you.

We know where we should be. We see and acknowledge the target of our behavior being Christ himself, yet we continually fall on our faces as we stretch to reach that target. It takes Christ himself picking us up and pressing us on for us to get anywhere at all.

We know that "without faith it is impossible to please [God]", yet we are powerless to "generate" faith ourselves. It takes a miracle of God through His Word to generate faith in us.

Bottom Line:
Big God - little us.

No comments: