Tuesday, February 5

Election

I went and voted in Illinois' primary this morning.

I bet you can't guess who I voted for.

Ok, you probably can.

As I was thinking about the election today my thoughts turned to my spiritual election. Romans 9:11 says, "(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)".

I thought about how different the election of the saved is from the election of our government. A Christian was voted into heaven, not by the majority of their peers, but by one perfectly just, omniscient, and sovereign God.

Today, as many of us are thankful for the republic in which we live, let us be even more thankful for the Kingdom of which we are a part.

Praise Him.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I voted too! My mom was my election judge...

Matthew said...

Hear, Hear.

Anonymous said...

good thoughts Luke. much appreciated. and i voted too :)