Tuesday, May 27

One Year!

Today God has blessed Heidi and I with one full year of marriage! Looking back over the past year, I can't imagine a better helpmate than the one God has provided in Heidi. She has blessed me, stretched me, inspired me, and loved me more than I dared to hope she would.

She does her best to understand me, and when she can't, she accepts me. When I fail her, she forgives me. When I succeed, she praises me.

She respects me unconditionally, even when I don't deserve it. She supports me in my bumbling attempts to be the husband God calls me to be. She helps to pick me up and brush me off when I fall down. She laughs at my jokes and listens to my engineering "explanations" of the world. She even seems to be interested sometimes. :-)

I love her more every day, and I thank God for blessing us with a beautiful relationship.

10 comments:

Traever Guingrich said...

1 down, 60 more to go.

Luke said...

We can only hope.

You missed a good night last night. It was just Trent & Jenae and us. We didn't even do the Bible Study, we just talked about what God's been teaching us and who He is. Good stuff.

the schros said...

Praise God! we love you guys, thanks for coming over last night

Anonymous said...

Congrats Guys.

They say the hardest year is over....

We had fun with you last Saturday.

Bye.

Luke said...

The Shros: Thanks! We appreciated last night too. :-)

Erin: If this is our hardest year, we're in for some smooth sailing. :-) We've been really thankful for how well things have gone.

We had fun with everyone last Sat. too. We'll have to do it again sometime.

Bye

Jenna said...

Yay for happy married people and anniversaries!

Vanessa said...

Luke! Congrats on a year!!! So glad to re-discover your blog! It's been such a long time! Hope all is well!

ercwttmn said...

congratulations! that's wonderful!

ajp said...

congrats!

Nancy said...

Congratulations to the happy couple! It only gets better from here!