Monday, May 12

Sunshine makes me brighter

This is the sort of day that makes me wonder why I wanted to have a desk job. It's 66 degrees, sunny, and windstill, and windstill almost never happens in Central Illinois.

But we do what we gotta do right?

So I'm inside looking over building plans that were hand-drawn in the 70's trying to figure out how they originally designed Southern Illinois Medical Instruction Building. I know, now most of you are probably jealous of me. It's ok.

But back the topic of the title of this post - what is it about sunshine that influences our moods so much? Why does it make a difference whether or not we can see a flaming ball of hydrogen gas that's over 93,000,000 miles away?

You know what I find really amazing? The fact that we can feel it from that distance. 93 MILLION miles away and we can feel the heat it radiates off it's surface. That's astounding.

And the God that created that sun, and trillions of others like it, wants to have a personal relationship with us...

Is that not amazing? His warmth can reach us on the cloudiest of days and the coldest of nights.

Praise Him

No comments: