Monday, February 23

Mercy

Bill Schick made a comment during the closing thoughts this past Sunday morning that really struck me. He said "The older I get, the more I find myself justing praying 'Lord have mercy on me.'"

I believe there is power in that spot, and it shows how strongly the Spirit is at work in his life. It gives evidence to his internalizing the powerful understanding of our wretchedness in light of our creator's holiness.

Lord have mercy on us all.

Romans 9:15-16
15. For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy , and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 16. So then it is not of him that willeth , nor of him that runneth , but of God that sheweth mercy.

Praise be to God that His mercies are new every morning. Lamentations 3:22-23

2 comments:

Traever Guingrich said...

i would echo my uncle bill's sentiments. i have heard this from several older men as well as people that have experienced deepening spiritual growth. the more you know God the more you realize the depravity of men and our incomprehensible need for His grace.

taryn said...

Exactly.