Tuesday, January 11

Parenting

Can there be joy in realizing that I am powerless to complete a task? What if it's a task I desperately want completed?

In this blog post Paul Tripp explains how and why he finds joy in the impossibility of parenting.It was eleven o’clock on a Sunday night, and I was pulling out of the grocery store parking lot exhausted and overwhelmed. After we had put our four children to bed, later than we had planned, Luella discovered that we had nothing in the house to pack for lunches the next day. With an attitude that couldn’t be described as joy, I got in the car and did the late-night food run. As I waited for the light to change so I could leave the parking lot and drive home, it all hit me. It seemed like I had been given an impossible job to do; I had been chosen to be the dad of four children.
Continue...

No comments: