Tuesday, July 26

Blessed Fellowship in Service


Yes, I meant to say Fellowship in Service, not and service. :)

First of all, thanks be to God for a wonderful weekend! Second of all, thanks be to Holly and Alan who did a lot of the organization for the weekend. May God bless them for their efforts of love.

I was planning on posting some pictures I took this weekend, but since Megan stole my camera, I'm "borrowing" some of Aaron Stoller's pictures. :) Thanks Aaron.

The service project was sorting and boxing food for Harvester Food Bank. We got to watch a short video explain what they do and how they do it. It's encouraging to know that there are people who are willing to work hard and devote a lot of time and energy to helping those less fortunate. One of the statistics they shared with us was that volunteer labor makes up the equivalent of 37 full time positions at Harvester!

May we grow in His service and die to self!


Jenny hard at work. A true Proverbs 31 woman! ;)


What?! Ben's supervising?! NO!
Ok, so he worked hard too. But man, he's a gifted supervisor!


I'm a blogger and I'm not ashamed!

4 comments:

Julie said...

What do you have to do to get a shirt??

megs said...

ex-ca-USE ME!? WHO left their camera in my van? i DO believe it was YOU!! yeah that's what i thought!! oh i'm just kidding. and you'll get it back IF we play volleyball tonight, but i haven't gottan an email from jeff yet, so what's gonna happen if we don't play?? you aren't gonna get your camera and will won't get his boots *GASP!!* that's not good!! you need to post pictures!

taryn said...

I really can't believe you have a blogger shirt. That makes me laugh. It's probably good that you do, though, because you are one of the few who can pull it off. Hey... I guess you gotta stay loyal to your journaling outlet, eh? Sounds like your weekend was a good one... can't go wrong serving the Lord.

Anonymous said...

hm...so am I bringing food from afar? or maybe I look so tired cause my candle went not out by night? :)
It really was a wonderful weekend, thanks so much for the invite!
Jenny
O, and when you do get your camera back could I 'borrow' your pictures please?