Tuesday, July 12

weBLOG

Wow! This blogging thing is really catching on. As of this morning and the addition of Taryn's blog, I have around 43 blogs on my favorites list. Most of these blogs are Christian friends and acquaintances of mine who use their blogs to share bits and pieces of their everyday lives. Often thought provoking questions are asked and encouraging/challenging comment threads are started. Mick Gerber left the following comment on my blog yesterday refering to blogs on the internet: "...but it is awesome to see how something that can be so destructive can be used for edification purposes." And to that I say Amen!

I spent last weekend in Denver which was a huge blessing. A lot of the K-State group was there along with some KC people. I don't get to see them nearly enough since I moved to Illinois. I was hoping to post some pictures of the weekend, but I forgot to take my camera, and the people I emailed asking for pics haven't sent them yet. Hopefully I'll get some pics up before this weekend.

Speaking of this weekend, my niece, Kristen, is getting married in Congerville. She's entirely too young, but so-be-it. *wink* May God grant her wisdom and courage as she matures into the role of a Christian wife.

I read in 1 Peter 2 this morning. Here is vs 9 for thought:

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar (purchased) people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

What a challenge eh? Can anyone argue that we are cherished in God's eyes? Re-read that wording! He calls us a chosen generation and a holy nation which he purchased, not with money or material wealth, but with blood, suffering, and death, the death of the cross.

Why?

Why would God purchase us and cherish us this much?

We were created to praise Him! He rescued us from our sin so that we could honor, worship, and glorify Him! Let's be about our duty today!

4 comments:

megs said...

luke- one thing that still amazes and baffles me is why the Almighty God would even consider giving up the life of His son just to save a sinner like me. He would have done it if it was JUST me, or JUST you, or JUST ANYONE!! it's amazing God's love!! i pray that none of us take it for granted either. thanks for the great reminder of how loving or Father really is. this is one verse we can show people when they ask/whine/complain that we have such a mean/inconsiderate God that we would let such evil abound in the world. he ALLOWS us to be so evil b/c he loves us enough to give us the CHOICE to worship Him!! thanks for the gentle reminder for the love of our Heavenly Father luke!!

Anonymous said...

isn't blogging the best? i had no idea that so many AC's blogged until i checked out tyler's and started linking like crazy. :) it's been awesome reading the thoughts of so many other people that have the same faith foundation as i do. pretty awesome to be able to share with others this way.
and i totally read that verse just this morning! so awesome to read what you had to say about it...i've been thinking about it all day. pretty powerful stuff...it's overwhelming sometimes to think of all He's done for me-and how much i fail Him on a daily basis. makes me want to try so much harder...

Anonymous said...

I was reminiscing the other night and realized that both Kristen and her future sister-in-law Laurel were my yearbook underlings. *sigh* And they both married/are marrying my cousins... hm...does anyone else notice a trend?

On a side note, I really appreciated the three articles on your last post, especially the one about discernment. It got me thinking, and I would agree with him that sometimes as Christians we expect to relate to God purely on an 'emotional' level (if that's the right way to put it), when it only takes a good chem class to realize the God is also orderly, rational, and objective. The awesome part is that He is both! And it amazes me that ALL of us can come to know Him, and learn His truths in whichever way comes most naturally to us!

Jenny

Luke said...

well...how many more yearbook underlings and cousins do you have? ;)