Friday, May 5

Nohari

This was really interesting. It's amazing how the mind almost immediately wants to start defending and justifying. Just reading through these is an experience. I really appreciate all of you who were willing to do this one. I know it's not usually the easiest thing to do. I'd love comments on it though. Maybe some practical advice on things I could do different. Or maybe a story of something I did that made you select a certain characteristic. Feel free to comment away.

One of the things that really surprised me on this one was the strong showing of "rash".

Rash: Characterized by, or resulting from, ill-considered haste or boldness. See Synonyms at reckless.

I guess maybe ill considered boldness. Sometimes I'm too bold without considering the consequences? I guess when I think of the word rash, I think of someone who makes quick decisions without thinking things through. If anyone has any insight into this for me, I'd love it!

Ok, Kristi Daniel just filled out my nohari, and she picked "rash" also. She said she was thinking more in the context of conversation and not necessarily in my decisions. I think this is why I was so surprised at "rash" being so popular. I was thinking of it as it pertains to, say, buying my condo or my car or something. It's more understandable to me in the context of my conversations. This is something I need to work on.

Also, I'm not really sure why I put "callous". I think I clicked it accidently. My bad.


Arena

(known to self and others)

inflexible, cynical, impatient, loud, smug

Blind Spot

(known only to others)

intolerant, aloof, glum, insecure, withdrawn, hostile, selfish, unhappy, unhelpful, needy, brash, ignorant, distant, childish, boastful, blasé, imperceptive, embarrassed, insensitive, self-satisfied, rash, dispassionate, overdramatic, predictable, inattentive, foolish, humourless

Façade

(known only to self)

callous

Unknown

(known to nobody)

incompetent, timid, cowardly, violent, stupid, simple, irresponsible, vulgar, lethargic, unimaginative, inane, cruel, irrational, chaotic, weak, vacuous, panicky, unethical, passive, dull, unreliable, cold


All Percentages

incompetent (0%) intolerant (17%) inflexible (17%) timid (0%) cowardly (0%) violent (0%) aloof (5%) glum (11%) stupid (0%) simple (0%) insecure (23%) irresponsible (0%) vulgar (0%) lethargic (0%) withdrawn (17%) hostile (5%) selfish (5%) unhappy (5%) unhelpful (5%) cynical (17%) needy (11%) unimaginative (0%) inane (0%) brash (35%) cruel (0%) ignorant (5%) irrational (0%) distant (11%) childish (11%) boastful (5%) blasé (11%) imperceptive (11%) chaotic (0%) impatient (23%) weak (0%) embarrassed (11%) loud (35%) vacuous (0%) panicky (0%) unethical (0%) insensitive (41%) self-satisfied (11%) passive (0%) smug (29%) rash (35%) dispassionate (11%) overdramatic (29%) dull (0%) predictable (17%) callous (0%) inattentive (11%) unreliable (0%) cold (0%) foolish (5%) humourless (5%)

Created by the Nohari Window on 5.5.2006, using data from 17 respondents.
You can make your own Nohari Window, or view lrknapp's full data.

No comments: