Monday, July 3

Definitely a Monday

So, it's Monday morning. I'm tired. I'm one of only two people at work today. I have no motivation to be here. I have a ton of stuff to do at home. My kitchen is a mess. I have a list of things I need to get at the store. I desperately need a haircut. I'm hosting our Youth Group after our nursing home singing this Friday night, and I haven't even started planning that. My mom is cooking supper for some relatives that are passing through, and I'm supposed to go to that tonight. I've had company sleeping at my house since Friday night, and they're there now.

Hebrews 13:15
By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.


I'm thankful it's the start of another week with the door of grace still open for those who have not yet surrendered to Christ. I'm thankful I woke up in a soft bed this morning regardless of the time. I'm thankful I have a good job to go to. I'm thankful I have a comfortable home and a roof over my head. I'm thankful I have a kitchen with conveniences some people have never heard of. I'm thankful we have stores that stay stocked with every necessaty and comfort of life. I'm thankful that God knows exactly the number of hairs on my head. I'm thankful for my awesome Youth Group and the support they provide. I'm thankful my mother loves me enough to invite me to supper. I'm thankful for the friends I've made who spend the night at my house. I'm thankful that they're going to be there when I get home for lunch.

I'm thankful for Christ. I'm thankful and humbled that I was chosen by Him. I'm thankful that His blood covers me from the wrath of a peferctly holy and just God. I'm thankful for the mercy and love that that same God has shown to me.

Ps 30:12
To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.

8 comments:

megs said...

oh luke STOP complaining!! you KNOW you had a blast this weekend!! even if you didn't go to jamaica w/ us, you LOVED having all those boys stay with you!! (ESPECIALLY the one who has been there for a MONTH!!! :D) have fun @ WORK!!

Luke said...

Megan: This post was not about complaining. Of course I had fun this weekend. Of course I loved having guys stay at my place. I was trying to make a point about perspective, and how even when we're tired on a Monday morning, we're still called to give thanks. Even though it's human nature to find things to complain about and find the negatives in situations rather than positives.

I'm sorry you thought I was complaining.

jw said...

We know:)

I honestly found it encouraging and a little convicting. There's not a day that goes by that we shouldn't absolutly praise God for where we are. Even in the absolute storms.

megs said...

luke: mostly i was being a brat (like i was all weekend) and i apoligize for that. i too found the opst convicting. i for one am probably the one that needs to be reminded the MOST about being thankful for little things like a roof over my head, a bed to sleep on, and most of all the freedom to follow Christ w/o worrying about being percecuted, shot, or beat for my faith. thank you for all the reminders that help me and all who read your blog grow closer to jesus!!

m

Kristi said...

Ok so your post was perfect for me right now. I forget that we need to give thanks everyday. So many times I dwell on the things like it being a Monday morning and I forget that I am so blessed. God has blessed us and given us so much yet somehow we still dwell on the not so good things. Thanks Luke. I think I needed that for today. :)

taryn said...

When I first started reading the post, I thought, "Wow, way to be REAL," even though I knew it was a list of complaints. Then, as I read the verse and saw how you turned every complaint into a way to be thankful and praise God, I thought, "Wow, way to be CLEVER and GOD-HONORING."

It is tough to keep this perspective all the time, but you demonstrated what every Chrsitian should try to keep into practice- taking the things in life that we worry about, that trouble us, that burden us, and handing it over to God as a reason to be thankful, and then letting Him have the reigns. For every negative obstacle in our life, there is an opposite, more blessed, and higher road we can take. It's up to us to take it! Thanks for the thoughts, Luke.

Radical One said...

luke, i always love your posts like this. you're so open, honest and REAL! yet you're wise enough to realize perspective.

hope things are going good for you and you're enjoying all the "busyness" that God is putting in your life!

thanks for sharing your heart and your life!

blessings!
lisa

no_average_girl said...

You're doing great! Keep focusing on things you have to be thankful for!!! :-)