Tuesday, June 2

Learning 'bout Lazarus

I have heard the story of Lazarus being raised from the dead so many times I though there was nothing left to learn.

Last night I told/read the story to my 4th grade class at VBS. It's amazing how much more you can get out of a story when you have to teach it. I can't say I really "learned" anything new, but the story just came alive to me in ways it hadn't before. I experienced the story more than I ever have. I felt the pain of the mourners. I saw their confused looks as Christ called a command to a dead man in a dark cave. I saw the incredulity as Lazarus, bound in grave clothes, came staggering out. I sensed their hesitation when Christ commanded someone to unwrap him. Would've I have been the first to move help Lazarus out of his wrappings?

Praise God for the truth of His Word!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So many awesome parallels with this story! Imagine how ridiculous it looks when Christ raises us from our spiritual death in sin to eternal life in HIM! Foolishness! I just pray that I can make it known that it was Christ who raised me from the dead....

I give the praise and glory to God for the day that I heard "John! Come out!"

Traever Guingrich said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Traever Guingrich said...

it's a good thing lazarus "chose" to come back to life when Jesus commanded it. otherwise that story would be a little awkward.