Thursday, January 5

Refiners Fire

Have you ever wondered why our flesh fights so hard to be accepted by our peers? Why does man's esteem mean so much to us? Is it pride? Why do we strive so hard to meet man's standards, but let God's standards slip to the back? The Bible commands us to be holy, for God is holy. Have you lost sight of what it means to live a Holy life?






Purify my heart. Let me be as gold and precious silver. Purify my heart. Let me be as gold, pure gold.
Refiner's fire, my heart's one desire, is to be holy, set apart, for You Lord.
I choose to be holy, set apart, for you my master, ready to do your will.
Purify my heart. Cleanse me from within, and make me holy. Purify my heart. Cleanse me from my sin, deep within.
Refiner's fire, my heart's one desire is to be holy, set apart, for You Lord. I choose to be holy, set apart, for you my master, ready to do your will.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

This is definitely on the top ten list of my favorite worship songs.

Thanks for reminding me :)

God Bless You!

Priscilla said...

Thank you, Luke. I really enjoyed reading your blog. I found your blog through T's blog...who is also a stranger to me. I just enjoy reading the blogs of other Christians. I often find them to be quite enriching for me. I know about refinement. I've been through the fire! Just check out Job 23:10 for more encouragement!

Luke said...

Job 23:10
But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.

Thanks Priscilla! That's a great verse.

jw said...

Refinement isn't fun, but it should be our one desire. How tough that is however to say, God, I'm not mine own, I never was, so I'll stop fighting. Do with me as you will, it's better than I could ever fathom. The faith that statement requires can only come through the power of the Holy Spirit, and I find it most frustrating when the flesh rips against it.