Wednesday, June 21

Continue Instant in Prayer

First off, I want to genuinely thank all of you who have been praying for Alan through this tough time. I don't mean to belabor the point, but please continue praying for Alan and his family. It seems, too often, we do really good at praying for someone for the first few days and then we trail off. Often the hardest times for a grieving individual is after everything is over and they're left to face reality. The cards quit coming. The phone calls quit coming. Let's not let the prayers quit coming.

I'm headed up to Iowa this afternoon with three others to attend the funeral tomorrow. I'm thankful for the opportunity to go support Alan and his family. We take our freedom of transportation so lightly sometimes. We don't realize how huge of a blessing it is to be able to drive 380 miles to go support friends and family.

I'm not sure if I'll find time to get a post in tomorrow or not. I'm not sure what time we'll get home from West Bend, so I'm thinking probably not.

P.S. Thanks to whoever left me all the "notes" this morning. It made me smile. I've got some guesses, but we'll see.

3 comments:

no_average_girl said...

you can safely assume I wasn't the culprit for the notes! haha I'm only several hundred miles away :-P

I pray you all have a safe trip. I hate the reasons you are having to make it, and I know it will be difficult. Please make a post of how Alan and his family are doing when you get a chance!

By chance, Alan or someone in his family doesn't have a blog, do they? I've got some friends who would be praying and leave them some blessed comments! :-)

Luke said...

Alan, does have a blog, but it hasn't been updated in several months. I don't think he maintains it at all.

I'll email you his email address though if you'd like that.

Jenny said...

I am very confused...you said someone left you notes, but then Cody said something about ducks in church tonight. That doesn't make any sense to me.

O, and happy birthday. (thank goodness for facebook birthday reminders!)