Tuesday, June 20

Testimony to God's Provision

This is an email I recieved from Alan (see previous post). I found it to be an awesome testimony to God's perfect provision. I hope you find it as encouraging as I did. Thanks so much to all of you who read this and are praying for him and his family.
A lot of this message I wrote just to write my thoughts and feelings, so it got very long. Basically, I thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, I can feel them. Details for the next few days are at the bottom.

Greetings to all,

Unbelievable... and I mean this is so many ways.

Unbelievable... My Dad is gone. I love him sooo much. I didn't know I could hurt so much and cry so hard for someone. For those of you who didn't really know him, he was my best friend, my mentor, the one who taught me so many things and has been a huge influence in who I am today. The one who smiled and laughed with me all the time. The one who was always there for me and loved me so much. The one who I long to see, hear, touch right now, but know that I can't.

Unbelievable... God's grace and strength. It is beyond sufficient! My worst fear has happened and yet I've been able to make it through every passing second thus far. The fact that I can sit here at this computer and type this email; not without tears, but with clarity. HE has provided me more grace and strength than I could have ever imagined to help my family through this time while losing one of the most important people in my/our lives.

Unbelievable... God's promises, HIS provision, HIS inspiration.
John 14:18 - I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

John 14:27 - Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not you heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Philippians 4:6,7 - Be careful (anxious) for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let you requests be made known unto God. And the peace that passeth all understanding, shall keep you hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Psalm 121 - I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.

Praise YOU In This Storm - Casting Crowns
I was sure by now
That You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day

But once again,
I say “Amen”, and it’s still raining
As the thunder rolls
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain
“I’m with you”
And as You mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

I’ll praise You in this storm
And I will life my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am

Every tear I’ve cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry
You raised me up again

My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can’t find You

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
“I’m with you”
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth

Unbelievable... the prayers and love of others. There have been practically non-stop voicemails, text messages, phone calls and visitors throughout the past 2/3 days. So many people praying, so many people thinking of us, so many people taking time out to show us kindness in many ways, so many people bringing us food (we have too much of this, so come and eat it). The community here and the community of Christ have been wonderful. We have people that don't know us praying for us, but isn't that a part of what the body of Christ is about? I fully believe that much of our strength is coming from you all, because I know that I don't even know what to pray most of the time right now. We can feel all your prayers, so thank you from the depths of my heart.

Unbelievable... how horrible my cell phone service is at our home in West Bend. That is why I am hardly ever able to answer my phone, so I am not avoiding you. Our home phone is (515) 887-3259, if the Spirit leads you to call, but keep in mind that people are calling for my Mom too. I may be calling some of you tomorrow.

Unbelievable... how God answers prayers, even when you think it is too late. If you know me, you know that I often struggle with not knowing most of my immediate family's complete beliefs and whether or not they believe in Jesus and have salvation. I am so sad that my Dad was taken before he was able to verbally express his belief in Jesus Christ to others outside of a few people, and I am privileged to be one of them. I've been able to visit with those few people and it has been a huge comfort and peace to me that he is with Christ. I can't be for sure about where he will be in eternity, but for that matter, I can't read the hearts of anyone, whether they claim to be a believer or not, that is up to God and Jesus... thank God!

Unbelievable... the opportunities already being opened up. I've had the most spiritual conversations with some members of my family that I have ever had. A few of them brought me great joy because of there faith and love for the Lord, and others have shown me that a lot of praying is still needed. The awesomest (word?) one was an hour and a half conversation and prayer that I had with my Mom tonight. She is in a similar place that Dad was. She believes in Christ, she wants to live for HIM, she is asking for forgiveness and mercy from God, she IS a believer! She needs prayers for the obvious reason of her grief and horrible pain in losing Dad, but also (and more importantly) for strength to not be ashamed to express her faith and to help her with the same church/community/satan/etc... issues that held Dad and are holding her and others captive.

Unbelievable... that is 2:30 am and I am still awake typing this. I am now off to bed. Don't call until 10:00.

Info for the days to come:

Visitation/Wake - Wednesday from 2 to 5 and 6 to 8, with an hour break for the family to eat from 5 to 6. This will be held at the Apostolic Christian Fellowship Center in West Bend.

Funeral - Thursday at 10:30 at the AC Church.

If you are coming... wonderful and let Marlene Banwart (515 887-3030) know if you need a place to stay. If not, that is fine because your prayers are more important than your presence. If you know someone who is praying that didn't get this, please let them know our gratitude.

Thank you all and God bless you all!

With the love of Christ,
Alan

4 comments:

Radical One said...

i am so sorry to hear about the tragic and sudden loss. i am thankful and encouraged that alan is seeking God as his refuge and strength during this time. truly, only God can give the peace that we need during times like these. although most likely God will also use Believers like you (and others) to serve alan during his tremendous loss. so thanks for being there for him and for letting us know so that we can pray as well. you're being an awesome friend and support! we're praying.

blessings!
lisa

c.l.beyer said...

Luke, thanks so much for posting this. And if you want to talk about something _unbelievable_, it's gotta be Alan's peaceful and eternal perspective. We'll be praying.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you guys are going to be shocked that I even read these, but I love you guys and what you do with and for my kids. Alan, we have been praying for you since we heard on Sat. evening. I'm thrilled to know your dad loved the Lord and that your mom does, too. We will pray that she can overcome our adversary and all of his lies and deceptions and be able to make a public confession. For right now, though, we will pray that the God of all comforts will comfort you as only HE can.
Our love,
Dawn for the Tom Moser family

Luke said...

Radical One: It's definitely only a God thing that Alan has the peace and perspective he has.

Carrie: You're welcome for posting it. I was greatly encouraged by it and felt compelled to share. It is truly unbelievable that Alan has such a peace.

Dawn: Thanks so much for your comment! It's always great to hear that I have a reader I didn't know about! I agree. It was a wonderful thing to hear that Dean loved the Lord.

I appreciate all your prayers so much and I know Alan does too!