Tuesday, July 8

Life ramblings

The papers are signed, and it's official. I no longer own the condo at 632 N. 3rd Ave. It feels good to have the uncertainty behind us. Our contract was contingent upon the closing of our buyers house, and our buyer didn't close on her house until the morning we closed on ours.

I'm really thankful for how smoothly everything has gone with this change. It seems a little surreal that just a few months ago we had no plans of moving. The seeds for this whole thing were planted during our Crown Financial Bible Study. Heidi & I took a long look at how much debt we were under and how much we were paying in interest, and decided it would be a God honoring decision to see if we could sell our home. Our home ended up being worth significantly more than we originally thought. That allowed us to pay off some of Heidi's unsubsidized student loans! It's during times like these, when I feel so far in over my head, that I really remember how little I am in control and how little I really understand. Changes in our lives are great for re-centering...re-focusing our perspectives.

Our next challenge will be to save our extra income, and not just increase our spending. We have lots of goals in mind, and sometimes it seems a little overwhelming. We're so thankful that God is completely sovereign and that portfolio's are only important when used for the Kingdom work. It's our prayer that we can provide a Godly, comfortable, and hospitable environment in our new home.

I'm still planning on getting some pictures up, but life needs to slow down a little bit first. :-) Last night I didn't get home until after dark. We closed on the house at four. I delivered furniture at five. Cody Maher's bachelor supper was at 6:30 in Peoria. I had to stop at Walmart for Heidi, so I ended up getting home around 9:45 - not a good time to take pictures of your house. :-)

Completely unrelated: I got a kick out of this Calvin & Hobbes comic today. :-)

2 comments:

ajp said...

congrats on selling the condo and your right, Calvin always makes me laugh...by the way, your Cards did not do so well against the Tigers or Cubs lately

Luke said...

Thanks for the reminder Aaron. You really know how to brighten a guys day don't ya? :-)