Wednesday, July 23

Sigh of Relief

Well, it was 11:30pm before we declared it done, but yesterday was good day. The floor is now completely grouted (except a few touch-up spots), the kitchen counter is on, the sink is installed, and the sink drain is re-plumbed and working great! Josh Gerber came over and spent about 5 1/2 hours installing and re-plumbing our kitchen sink. He's been a HUGE help during our remodeling phase. I can't thank him enough.
















Out of all the remodeling projects we've done on this house, the grouting was definitely the toughest job. It took WAY longer than what I expected and required much more physical effort. Now that it's done, I'm pleased with the results.

I still have to paint and install the shoe molding around the edge of the floor and put on interior door hardware before I can declare myself "done", but it's nice to finally be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Yesterday was my wife's 21st birthday, so I took the day off work to spend some time with her, and try to get our house in order. I finished mowing the lawn for her and then we went to brunch at Cracker Barrel. Then we went to Wielands to look at push-mowers. I was kind of caught of guard by how expensive push mowers are. Apparently non-self-propelled mowers are more expensive than self-propelled units. Weird huh? They said it was because they didn't sell very many non-self-propelled, so they can't sell them as cheap. *shrugs*

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

Hey Luke! Congrats on the move! The kitchen looks great! Hope all is well with you and Heidi! You two coming out to the Gateway sale in August?

Luke said...

There's a chance we'll be headed out your way for the sale. We're not 100% sure yet. I miss my Bluffton buddies.

Kristi said...

The house looks so nice!

Luke said...

Thanks Kristi! We're blessed.