Thursday, July 3

This is it

Well, this is the weekend that Heidi & I move out of the condo I've called home for over 2 years. We've been extremely busy the last 2 weeks getting our new place fixed up and ready to move into to. We patched holes & cracks in the plaster, re-painted everything, did a bunch of electrical work, replaced all the outlets & switches, and put a carpet remnant in the basement. We also installed a medicine cabinet, over-the-mirror light, and vent fan in the bathroom.

We're on the downhill side now though. We just have to finish painting the living room, finish some details in the bathroom, and give everything a good cleaning before we move in. We're going to have the kitchen countertop, sink, and floor replaced after we move in.

We're so incredibly thankful for all our family and friends who have helped us at our new place. We most certainly could not have gotten it done without them. My mom and dad have been there almost every night, and Kenton & Heidi Snyder have been amazing. We feel very blessed.

Heidi & I are excited to be moving to the country, (We've already seen a bunch of deer meandering around the house.) but, at the same time, it's a little hard to leave where we are now. I bought the condo a little over two years ago. It was my first home of my own. I had several roommates move in and out, made a lot of memories, and have lived there with my wife for over a year. Heidi & I were talking the other night and wondering how many times we would accidentally drive to the wrong house when coming home from somewhere. :-)

God Bless

P.S. I'll get pictures up sometime. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please do post pictures of your new humble abode sometime. Best wishes!!