Tuesday, September 27

Considerations

Sorry for so many posts the last couple of days, but I seem to have a lot to post about lately.

I've got this little 3x5 card from Walk in the Word that has nine questions to ask yourself before making a decision. I've been blessed by it, so I'm going to share them.

SPIRITUAL considerations How will this decision affect my relationship with God?

1. Will this bring glory to God?
1 Corinthians 10:31
2. Is this a decision Jesus would make?
1 Peter 2:21
3. Will I be proud of this decision at the judgement seat of Christ?
Romans 14:10


RELATIONAL considerations How will this decision affect my relationship with other people?

4. Would I want this done to me?
Romans 13:8-10
5. Could this appear wrong even if it is really OK?
1 Thessalonians 5:22
6. Will this cause a brother or sister in Christ to struggle spiritually?
Romans 14:13-21


INTERNAL considerations How will this decision affect who I am and what I am becoming?

7. Will this bring me under the power of anything that might enslave me?
1 Corinthians 6:12
8. Can I do this with confidence that this is right?
Romans 14:22-23
9. Am I breaking any previous commitments?
James 5:12

10 comments:

Anon said...

I like the order of the questions...asking first if the decission will bring glory to God.

And I really like his question "could this appear wrong even if it is really OK?" Sometimes it's hard to remember to think about that possibility.


You haven't posted too much. Though I'll admit when I came to use your list of blogs, I was kind'a surprised to see multiple new posts! :)

taryn said...

Grrr, I'm having issues with making a comment today.

Here is what I wanted to say:

Luke, we'll invite you the next time we go paint pottery. You may just blow us all away with your expertise in creative skill that we never knew was there...

MY word verification is zwoceq. Coolest one yet.

T

Luke said...

wow Taryn, three tries. I'll delete the first two "deleted by author" posts. ;)

Hey ya never know, I just may have some crazy pot painting skilz.

Me said...

I like it Luke, good thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Printed it out. It's on my wall. ...........Cept I think I will have to walk around with my ears, eyes, and mouth shut now.

-MikeB

Anonymous said...

we totally just had a sermon about this tonight! how cool is that?
i love that i have a list of what he said to print out now...
thanks for posting it...maybe that's God's way of making sure i get the message! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this post...its just what i need

Luke said...

You're welcome anonymous. I'm glad God provided for you.

Stephanie said...

Good morning Luke- I just parousing through Steve's site, and your post cracked me up! So, I thought I'd pop in to say hello. Feel free to stop by me and say hi back!

Oh and by the way: LOVE this post. All very amazing things to consider daily in our walk with God, and our interactions with others. This parallels rather well with a post that I put up yesterday. Good stuff!

steve said...

and to let you know Luke you were WRONG!!!!! DEAD WRONG!!!!! You guessed numebr 7 was the lie and it was NOT!!

LOL!!!

WOO HOO!!!!

loved your comment anyways!

God bless my Brother