Tuesday, September 13

I miss.


I miss walking to class in the fall. Walking through the leaves from the sycamore tree in the front of Hunting. I miss the air being sharply cool but the sun feeling warm on my face as I walked. I miss that feeling of walking home on a Friday afternoon after your last class and knowing you didn't have anything to do. I miss how my steps would get lighter and faster the closer I got to my apartment. I miss getting to choose how I spent the Friday afternoon, often with Joe. I miss going out to the ball fields and going to Dillons for Chinese. I miss going to the rec. I miss unexpectedly seeing a friend on campus and sharing a smile. I'm going to quit writing now...but there are lots more things I miss. Don't spend today waiting for tomorrow. Spend today in gratitude that God has given you an opportunity to serve him right where you are. I heard a saying today: "Gratitude is the attitude that determines your altitude. Lets be grateful for where we are today.

Washington Y.G. did a bible study on "contentment". I learned that contentment is also translated as "sufficiency". Think about that for awhile. :)

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Your post makes me smile. I miss having you around to talk to. I'll crunch some leaves for you :)

Maryann said...

I just plain miss fall...the leaves, the cool weather, the apple orchards, the carmel apples, the colors...here in Phoenix we don't have fall. It's just sad.

Anonymous said...

It's not having what you want.
It's wanting what you've got.
Econ 101: The problem of scarcity, unlimited wants with limited resources.

-Mike

Anonymous said...

wow. i'm a summer girl and i was really dreading fall coming up and now i'm all pumped about it! :) way to make it sound like a good thing, luke! :)