Tuesday, August 1

Cry out to Jesus

Have you ever been in that place where you felt that all you could do was cry out to Jesus?

When's the last time you were there?

Are you there now?

What brought you to that place?

Ultimately was it a good place or a bad place?

I've been there. Recently actually. I got chewed out and lectured when I strongly felt I didn't deserve it. It's happened to me a few times in the last couple of months, and it's came from the same person.

Let me tell ya, it puts a whole new perspective on 1 Peter 2:20!For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.It is incredibly hard for the flesh to patiently take an unjust accusation.

This experience also gave me an entirely new perspective on Ephesians 4:26.Be ye angry, and sin not... I was angry. I was very angry. Inside I was seething. My adrenaline was pumping like crazy, and I could feel my heartbeat. I wanted to hurt this person. But more than that I wanted to respond in a Christian manner, so I fell to my knees by my bed. I'm thankful that Christ can understand our hearts, because I'm pretty sure I would've been incoherent to another person.

So tonight I'm thankful. I'm thankful for growth. I'm thankful for sanctification. I'm thankful that I serve a God that knows what I'm going through and who's ultimate goal is my sanctification for His glory! How exciting! I'm thankful that I'm minutely closer to who Christ wants me to be than I was before this experience. I'm thankful for the potter, even when His shaping methods hurt.

3 comments:

Tifani said...

Attitude of gratitude! :)

megs said...

a few weeks ago i was on my way somewhere and the song "cry out to Jesus" came on the radio. this was our theme song in Jamaica soa rush of memories came flooding back into my mind, heart, and soul. over the course of the trip i realized how much i LOVED that place and could spend the rest of my life there. being so though emotionally attatched to the place, i began to weep. weep uncontrolably. weep w. everypart of my body. weep for 45 minutes straight. i couldn't even speak, all i could do was let the tears stream down my face and cry out in a bitter wail. though not much was said on my part i felt God move through me as the tears came out and He came in. i felt Him say "megan, eveything will be okay. i will use your passion for MY glory". it's still difficult to talk about this whole thing and as i sit here tears well up in my eyes remembering how it felt to feel God move through me like that.

how blessed we are when we let God fill us as the vessel He has chosen us to be. don't try and figure out WHAT He's filling you with, or why, just be WILLING to be filled and you will be blessed.

so i haven't told that story to very many people, but i share this experience b/c i think it's important to know how God works through each of us and to see each other grow.

luke- thank YOU for being honest enough to admit what you did. it's not easy to admit our imperfections all the time. thank you for sharing and helping all of us grow through a lesson you were willing to let God teach you. you will be blessed!! thanks again!!

Anon said...

Be like the flower that perfumes the very hand that crushes it.

I just read that quote, and it made me think of this post. So (as is typical of me with such things), I decided to share it. :)