Friday, October 20

We WIN!

The St. Louis Cardinals are going to the World Series again! I didn't get to watch the game last night since I went to Thursday night Bible Study at ISU, but man what a battle!

I had to think, as I reflected back on how close the game was and how close the Cardinals were to losing in the ninth inning, how thankful I am that getting to heaven isn't that nerve-wracking. I'm thankful that my battle's already been won by Jesus Christ! I'm thankful that the Bible tells us that we're already winners! I don't have to get nervous and wonder if I'm part of the winning team. I'm thankful that Jesus loved me enough to fight the battle for me.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luke,

I'm an Oakland A's fan, though I haven't really been following them for a while so maybe "fan" is an overstatement.

However, my church has a great deal of Tigers fans, so I send you greetings and the pronouncement that they will not beat the Tigers and could not even if Stan Musial suddenly unaged some 50 or 55 years.

Luke said...

Mark,

I will admit that Detroit will be a tough team to beat. If you go by the stats, no, we shouldn't win...but if you go by the stats, the Cardinals shouldn't even be in the World Series. They've got heart, and they've got clutch players, but they, by no means, have this in the bag.

Matthew said...

Cardinals and A's, my two favorite teams (I don't usually follow any sports, so it isn't saying much.)

Mmmm, sports analogies to explain a spiritual insight.

Luke said...

Matt: Is that legal?!

Anonymous said...

"Is that legal?!"

I hope so, otherwise I may have to have a little talk with brother Paul :) "..An athlete is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules.." (II Timothy 2:5 - ESV)

Anonymous said...

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas
Just like the ones I used to know
Where the treetops glisten,
and children listen,
to hear sleigh bells in the snow...

~guess who :)

megs said...

AMEN luke!!

Matthew said...

"Luke said...

Matt: Is that legal?!"

I didn't say Hmmmm. I said Mmmmm as in tasty. As Mark points out you are not the first one to do so.