Tuesday, November 29

Weakness Or Power?


I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need (Philippians 4:13, NLT).



Dear friends:

Do you sometimes feel weak and inadequate, seemingly impotent against the powerful forces of life swirling all around you?

Well, in ourselves, we are weak and inadequate. However, over the years as I have better come to know our Lord Jesus Christ and His Word, I have become increasingly aware of that glorious promise that all the supernatural resources of deity are available to every believer, everywhere, and at any time!

In Christ dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily (Colossians 2:9). To Him God has given all authority in heaven and earth (Matthew 28:18).

And He lives within us in all His resurrection love and power!

That is the reason the Apostle Paul would dare to say, "I can do everything through him who gives me strength" (Philippians 4:13, NIV).

One of the most important lessons that any believer must learn is that we are no longer ordinary, mediocre human beings, but when we receive Christ, we link our lives up with the life of the infinite, creator God and all His unlimited, supernatural resources are available to us to live Godly lives and to be fruitful witnesses.

I look back over the years and see unbelievably exciting, remarkable and unprecedented events that have taken place in my life. This includes: the privilege of standing before the largest crowds in the history, secular or religious: proclaiming the gospel to 2 to 3 million people each night in Seoul, Korea during the Here's Life Korea World Evangelization Crusade; and speaking on nationwide TV to a minimum of 100-250 million viewers embracing the whole of the former Soviet Union on Easter day 1990.

You may say that this is only because I am Bill Bright. But Bill Bright was just a ranch teenager in Oklahoma, then an ordinary businessman in California until Jesus got hold of me, called me, empowered and equipped me by His Holy Spirit, and gave me a job to do.

Jesus said, "You will receive power..." (Acts 1:8, NIV); "I have given you authority to ... overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you" (Luke 10:19, NIV); and "I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father" (John 14:12, NIV).

If you have received Christ and are filled with His Holy Spirit, you are no longer weak and inadequate. Within you is the power behind the whole universe -- God's power -- just waiting to be released, by faith, in your life and in your world!

Yours for helping to fulfill the Great Commission each year until our Lord returns,

Bill Bright

-------
The late Dr. Bill Bright was Founder and President/Chairman Emeritus of Campus Crusade for Christ, an organization which began as a campus ministry in 1951 and now has more than 27,000 full-time staff and up to 500,000 trained volunteer staff in 196 countries in areas representing 99.6 percent of the world's population. In the past 50 years, Campus Crusade for Christ has seen approximately 6 billion exposures to the gospel worldwide. The film, "JESUS," which Bright conceived and funded through Campus Crusade for Christ, is the most widely translated and viewed film of any type ever produced. Since its use began in 1980, the film has been translated into 839 languages and viewed or listened to by over 5.7 billion people in 228 countries. Dr. Bright was also the author of more than fifty books. Dr. Bright recently co-founded Global Pastors Network to "Touch, Teach and Train" a group of 5 million new house churches around the world 24/7/365 at http://www.globalpastorsnetwork.org

Copyright (c) 2003, Bill Bright. All rights reserved. However, readers may copy and distribute this message as desired, without restrictions in number, as long as the content is not altered. Forwarding this e-mail to friends is encouraged. For many evangelistic and spiritual growth materials, visit the Campus Crusade for Christ Web site at http://www.ccci.org. See http://www.campuscrusade.org for Bill Bright's own materials.

3 comments:

taryn said...

Luke- At first when I read that, I thought you wrote it, and when it got to the part about proclaiming the gospel to 2 to 3 million people each night in Seoul, Korea and speaking nationwide TV to a min. of 100-250 million viewers... then I knew it wasn't you.

I mean, not that I think you COULDN'T do that...

But anyway, the most amazing thing just happened. One of my class mates came up and was talking to me, and glanced over at your blog, Luke, and told me he loved the book of Acts. Then, he saw Bill Bright and we started talking about Campus Crusade. He told me to come some Thursday night at 8:30, and he told me where it was on the ISU campus!

What an amazing way for your blog to be a testimony to others!

T

Anonymous said...

"One of the most important lessons that any believer must learn is that we are no longer ordinary, mediocre human beings, but when we receive Christ, we link our lives up with the life of the infinite, creator God and all His unlimited, supernatural resources are available to us to live Godly lives and to be fruitful witnesses."

This is true... but what I've seen in some Christians and can be a struggle... is after knowing this, not letting it "go to your head"... not being arrogant about it... we still need to be humble as to not "turn people off" with our arrogance.

Great post Luke
Thanks
Love ya bro

Anonymous said...

man, ya' gotta love Billy.