Wednesday, November 2

Weary


Have you ever felt worn out? Have you ever felt the burden of disobedience? I have. King David did.

1Co 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful...

Psalms 6:1-9 1 O LORD, rebuke me not in thine anger, neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure. 2 Have mercy upon me, O LORD; for I am weak: O LORD, heal me; for my bones are vexed. 3 My soul is also sore vexed: but thou, O LORD, how long? 4 Return, O LORD, deliver my soul: oh save me for thy mercies' sake. 5 For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks? 6 I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears. 7 Mine eye is consumed because of grief; it waxeth old because of all mine enemies. 8 Depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity; for the LORD hath heard the voice of my weeping. 9 The LORD hath heard my supplication; the LORD will receive my prayer. *side note: when the word "LORD" is in all capital letters it refers to Jehovah, "the existing One", the proper name of the one true God. When the word "Lord" has just the first letter capititalized it's refering to God's position as ruler and master.1Jo 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Notice in 1 John, God doesn't just forgive us. He cleanses us from all unrighteousness. It's important to note here that we don't cleanse ourselves. God, and God alone, cleanses us. Let us examine our lives today in the mirror of God's perfect and holy Word.


Powered by Castpost

Casting Crowns - Praise You In This Storm Lyrics
I was sure by now
That You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as You mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

I'll praise You in this storm
And I will life my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
Every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry
You raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can't find You

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth

9 comments:

Tifani said...

Good song for a krummy day at work!

Stephanie said...

Been talking quite a bit about this very subject lately:

"God was there every step of the way... guiding me, catching me when I fell, even lending me a hand when I actually did hit the ground... but he has never left me." (From my latest post)

This subject is very dear to me, as I'm sure it is for all of us. Thank you for sharing your heart with us Luke, and as always, keep it coming!

Luke said...

The immutability of God is a wonderful thing, isn't it Steph? This subject seems to penetrate my heart the deepest when I am struggling.

Stephanie said...

Oh and one other thing: the whole LORD vs. Lord concept: it actually originates from the Hebrew, Yaweh. Jehovah is the Latinized derivative of "YHWH", which was the term used in Hebrew text to refer to LORD. YAWEH was considered such a sacred term that they feared the use of it would be using the LORD'S name in vain: so they shortened Yaweh to YHWH in thier text, and from that came the word Jehova.

Just learned that not too long ago in Theology - just thought I'd share :)

Luke said...

That's a really neat fact! It makes me think about how I use the the term God...do I use it in "vain". Even though I may not swear with it...do I use it in the reverential manner I should?

steve said...

I posted this tune a whike back. I play it for worship... love the tune

http://jubalingen.blogspot.com/2005/09/praise-you-in-this-storm.html

Stephanie said...

I thought that looked familiar...

Anonymous said...

Luke, good to read your blog again! Oh, and IM STILL ALIVE!!! (definately not my blog though) Greetings from the both of us!

Anon said...

One of the Psalms I read recently (maybe 77, but I doubt it) started with its author complaining a bit. A lot. To God.
And then suddenly it says something like "I entered into the sanctuary of the Lord." And suddenly the whole tone of the rest of the chapter is completely opposite--it's praising God and giving thanks and it's like the author's outlook completely changed. Just by entering God's sanctuary!

Anyhow, I liked it.
I hope today's a 'better' day!