Monday, March 27

Comparison

We know, from 2 Corinthians 10:12, that it is not wise to compare ourselves to other people, but what about comparing ourselves to ourselves? When is the last time you thought about what you were like a year ago? Have you changed? Have you experienced spiritual growth? How will you think/act/talk differently today than you did on this day a year ago? Are there some things that you've felt conviction on and thought about changing but have never committed to the change through grace? Let us all put on the girdle of truth (honesty) today and examine our hearts through the eyes of our Lord. Then may you have the grace to enact change through the Spirit. If you have never let the Spirit into your heart click on the "Now Try God" link on my sidebar to find out how to begin.

Change my heart, O God
Make it ever true
Change my heart, O God
May I be like You

You are the potter
I am the clay
Mold me and make me
This is what I pray

5 comments:

Anon said...

have I thought about what I was like a year ago?
maybe not today.
but often.

But I don't just think about what I was like a year ago. I like to periodically remember what I was like before I was converted, too. To remember what it was to be unsaved, what it was to be 'just saved,' and how I've changed since those first few days/weeks.

but one thing I wonder, when I compare myself to me a year ago ... how do you know if the changes are good or bad? Obviously, the Word is the mirror we should be using always, but ...

Luke said...

Is there room for a "but" after "...the Word is the mirror..."?

Anon said...

"but sometime's the mirror is kind of foggy"?

But you're right. There shouldn't be a "but" -- the Word is the mirror we should always use.

no_average_girl said...

once again a great post, luke! i love the song you put up - it's been an all-time favorite of mine! :-)

Danielle said...

Too true. Too true. The Word IS the mirror. Nice post.