Thursday, March 23

Trust

Update: I accepted their counter-offer, and we're meeting at 4:00pm to sign the papers! If everything goes smooth, I'll be a "condo-owner"! I'm excited. Thanks so much for all your prayers!
As some of my readers know, I've been looking at buying a home for the last 2-3 months. While it hasn't been the easiest, it's taught me some good lessons about vertical meekness(the belief that all God does with me is good and helps to further my sanctification). I've tried to approach this with the attitude of - I'll do my best to make a God honoring decision, and then I'll let the outcome in God's hands. Then we're called to praise God no matter what that outcome may be - knowing that if we keep our eyes fixed on Christ, it will ultimate further God's purpose in our lives.

That being said, I'm getting close to putting in an offer on a condo (probably this evening). I'd just like to request that my readers be prayerful for the situation. Pray that I'll use Godly wisdom in the decision, and that I will count the outcome as blessed no matter whether I get the home or not.

Thanks in advance for your prayers!

9 comments:

Mark Nenadov said...

Hey Luke.

I wish you all the best on that decision. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Kristi B. said...

Wish you well... I'll be going through the same process in the near future. ugghh. Anyways, hope you get it!

Nice new pic too, by the way.

steve said...

Hey Luke... I am a Mortgage broker so if you have any questions let me know. I will even look over your good faith estimates and make sure you they are completely "truthful". I dont lend outside of the Northwest so I am not trying to get your biz... just trying to give you another CHRISTIAN resource! My email is on my profile if you have any questions at any time

steve said...

and my sentence structure ROCKS!! "make sure you they are completely truthful???" WHAT DOES THAT MEAN??

make sure THEY are being truthful to YOU

whew... coffee time!

Luke said...

Steve: You pretty much rock. (pun intended)

Yep, I really can be that retarded.

Anon said...

Praying.

Traever Guingrich said...

you can move in my basement for the low rent of one box of jujubees a month.

Luke said...

YES!! So does this constitute a binding contract? I'm moving in next week.

jw said...

congrats and added prayers!