Friday, March 31

Our view of God

I went to another outstanding ISU (Illinois State Univ.) bible study last night.

Ted Witzig Jr. gave a very informative/convicting talk entitled "How Clearly Do You See God?". He pointed out how important it was for a Christian to have an accurate Biblical view of God. It was amazing how, through the course of his talk, he pointed out so many areas where a lot of people hold misconceptions about God. Most of us who are Christians probably think we've got a pretty good handle on how we think about God, but after you listen to the study I have a feeling you will come away amazed. We're commanded to worship God is Spirit and in Truth. This is a great study to learn truths about God's character and nature.

I think the best thing I can do is HIGHLY recommend you download the talk and listen to it yourself. There will also be a handout of the powerpoint slides he used. I'll get that to you as soon as I get them.

To download "Right Click" and "Save As" HERE
To download the slides "Right Click" and "Save As" HERE

If those links don't work, you can also download them from the ISU Y.G.'s Resource Page. Just scroll down to March 30th.

3 comments:

Nunzia said...

that's awesome! thanks!

Luke said...

Nunzia: Thanks for stopping by. I hope to see you more in the future.

You're more than welcome for the links. I hope it's a blessing to you like it is to me.

megs said...

YEAH I WISHI I COULD SAY I LEARNED A LOT FROM THE BIBLE STUDY. WELL I DID, BUT IT ALWAYS TAKES A WHILE FOR STUFF TO SINK IN FOR ME. AS YOU CAN ATTEST, LUKE. NOT EVEN AN HOUR AFTER THE BIBLE STUDY WAS DONE AND I WENT BACK TO RELYING ON MY EMOTIONS INSTEAD OF PLACING EVERYTHING IN THE LAP OF MY SAVIOR. WHEN WILL I EVER LEARN??