Monday, April 3

Grace

This is an excerpt from an email I received this morning. Is this your understanding of Grace?

God's grace is so powerful and effective, I am having trouble putting it into words. As someone once said, God's grace is better felt than telt. It is also better caught than taught. But we know that God's grace is powerful. It is the power of love. It is the power of hearts made new, of changed affections, of spirits made willing to obey. It is the power to kill darling sins (sins held close to our hearts), and to fully turn us toward God. It is the power to heal, the power to renew, the power to make clean.

If you have felt the burden of sin, and are under the bondage of sin, then God's grace can remove the burden and set you free from bondage. Jesus Christ is rich in grace, and He lavishes it on us without limit. If you need grace, He has it to give. I encourage you to seek Him for His endless supply of grace.

4 comments:

Anon said...

I like the description of grace you shared.

It made me think of a song ... all I remember of it is the line "The only word for grace is 'amazing.'"

megs said...

Q: where would megan be w/o God's grace?

A: NO WHERE!!

good description luke! great to spend time w/ you this weekend! thanks for playing 150,000 questions w/ me!!

no_average_girl said...

God's grace is a wonderful thing, and i agree with meg, i'd be nowhere without it!

Paul said...

Dona:

No Other Word For Grace
By "Gold City"


Red can’t explain the beauty of the rose
White can’t tell the magic in the air when it snows
Marvelous can’t quite convey the grace of the King
The only word for grace is amazing

Now the Father looked behind the failures I had made
He didn’t notice all the times that I had not obeyed
And He overlooked all the scars of sin I had in me
And the grace, oh that He showed, still amazes me

There’s no other word for grace but amazing
No other explanation will do
Unmerited favor, a song that I sing
No other word for grace but amazing
No other word for grace but amazing