Tuesday, April 18

Faith in My Savior

I really don't have anything in mind to write about as I start to type this. I decided I would just start typing and see what happens.

The grace and forgiveness of God has been on my mind a lot lately. The more I think about it, the more I realize that they are really unfathomable concepts. How can a God, that is more Holy than I will ever be able to comprehend, reconcile me so that I can have a relationship with Him? Sometimes I think we lose sight of the fact that it is only Christ's imputed righteousness that allows us to approach the throne. No matter how disciplined we are in our Christian walk- no matter how nobel our works- no matter how long you've been walking as a Christian; Our robes are filthy in God's eyes...FILTHY. God forgive us for thinking we're doing pretty good. We're never doing "pretty good". We can do nothing...NOTHING but by the unmerited favor of God.

When the psalmist David praises God for His new mercies every morning, he is acknowledging his need for such mercy. You might occasionally wonder if you need "new mercies" every morning. I mean...what if you had a good day? What if you spent all day in worship and you can't remember a single "bad thought"?

I would venture to say that God's mercies must be new every moment - every second of every day. Our finite minds will never be able to give God the worship that He is due. Our finite minds will never have the perfect concept of God. God is sitting on His throne...in all His majestic splendor...looking down on us and all our misconceptions. If His mercy were not constant - If His patience wasn't perfect - He would've destroyed us long ago.

Praise God that we have the opportunity to take advantage of Christ's cloak. We have the opportunity to be seen as Christ by our Father God. We have been adopted as sons and daughters. We have the wonderful gift of Christ's righteousness, so that when the Father looks on us, He doesn't see our filth, He see's Christ's perfectness. Our filth is hanging from a tree where it was crucified 2000 years ago.

Worship Him for He is Worthy!

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Amen! That's all I can say.