Thursday, April 27

Deep Breath

Well, it's almost here. I do a walk through of my condo tonight after work. We're going to make a punch list of all the things that need to be finalized. Then tomorrow (Friday) at 1:00pm, if everything goes well tonight, I sign the papers that make me a condo owner. It makes my stomach feel weird to think about it.

I have this nervous excitement. The kind I used to get in H.S. before we took the field for a baseball game. The kind that makes your brain go a hundred miles an hour and prepares your body for action.

But it's good. I definitely feel like it's a wise decision. I'm really excited about living 2 minutes from work. I'm also excited to experience the dynamics between all of us that are going to be living together. I really feel like there is going to be a lot of opportunity for spiritual growth. We're all going to be out of our "comfort zones" somewhat, and hopefully that opens a door for God to continue to work His refining work in our lives.

Here are my two roommates. (I may have a third, but we're not sure)

Jake Gerst
Tony Esslinger (that's my arm)


11 comments:

megs said...

glad everything is working out. i KNOW God will be praised after all is said and done. looks like me and the girls are gonna have to come over w. some REAL food for you guys! :) you MAY have a 3rd, but will codymo fit ANYTHING in that closet??

JakeGman said...

hI guess it is official when you get your pictured plastered on Luke's blog! At least I look good! ;)

Our house is going to be "Always a Blessing" and I am not opposed to having sisters come over any time they want to use our kitchen! Really Feel Free. :)

God Bless you all,

Jake <><

Luke said...

Wow Jake, it looks like the first issue we'll work on is humbleness. *wink*

Actually, I think you look good in that picture too. :)

sarah said...

I am afraid. I am very afriad.

Luke said...

aww...no need to be scared. We'll play nice. I promise.

Jenny said...

i'm just glad you will be far away in morton and not down the road. :)

Luke said...

Ouch!

What is this? "Be Mean to Luke Day"?

Come on...Rejoice with those who rejoice!

*grin*

no_average_girl said...

that's awesome, luke! i'm so glad to hear it! i'm excited for you!

i'm actually looking for a house i can buy and rent out close to where we live - although i haven't found the house just yet, i know it's there somewhere! lol i can only imagine the nervious excitement when i find it and am ready to buy it! :-)

Jenny said...

Whatever luke, you know I would have loved it. :) And I really am glad for y'all.

Kristi said...

Hi Neighbor!

dixie said...

i'm thinking the other roomie is looking pretty good too...:)

it will be a blessing and an experience to have forever. congrats luke...that is really exciting!!