Wednesday, March 15

Prepare me.


Lord prepare me
to be a Sanctuary
Pure and Holy
Tried and True
With Thanksgiving
I'll be a living
Sanctuary for You.




Have you heard that song before?
Have you sang it?
Have you thought about it?
Did you mean it?
Have you thought about the consequences of truly meaning what you sing?

Read it again...

Tried and True...Are you prepared to go through trials...and not just go through them, but go through them with thanksgiving? Becoming pure and holy doesn't happen by God giving us our every desire and making our life one long mountain top (at least not in my experience).

Think back to your last trial...

Did you praise God through it? Did it refine you? Are you more like Christ now, than you were then?

If this is the first time you've really thought about that song, I pray that the next time you sing it, you'll mean it.

1 comment:

Anon said...

3 things:
what is a trial?
what constitutes "praising God through it"?

it made me think of Phil 4:6 ""Be careful (anxious) for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."