Monday, March 21

Deep Breaths

The angels are rejoicing! Reed Yackley (Lindsey's younger brother) started repenting this weekend! Reed goes to ISU and lives with Shane Sutter (who started repenting about 2-3 months ago) and a couple of other unconverted Taylor guys. So, that's happiness.

Big thank you to the Topekans who showed awesome servant hearts this weekend! I had a good weekend. Thanks.

This coming weekend is Easter. The date of Christ's glorious resurrection and victory of Satan and death. This is the reason I am alive. To reflect the awesome love that was shown when Christ was willing to die for me, and the amazing power that was shown when He arose victorious. He had completed a lifetime of perfection of sinlessness! Wow. Is this why I arise from my bed in the mornings? Is this my motivation for living? Or do I allow self to come between me and my relationship with Christ. Why do I go to work? Why do I go to Church? Why do I spend time with friends? Why do I.....? You fill in the blank.

It's ALL ABOUT CHRIST folks. The answer to ALL those questions should be: To bring honor and glory to God! Everyday as we walk through this earth let's all strive to remember that basic truth of the Word. It's not about me! Try saying that outloud to yourself. "It's not about me." When you get cut off in traffic and you feel that disgust rise up, "It's not about me." When your coworker passes all his/her work off on you and then reads a book all day, "It's not about me." So often I get caught up in this concept of "fairness". As far as I know that concept doesn't even exist in the Word. We're called to be sacrificial servants. Is there any concept of "fairness" in this chapter passage?

Luke 6:27-36
27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, 28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you. 29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also. 30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again. 31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise. 32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. 33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same. 34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again. 35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. 36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.


As we come upon Easter, let us remember that Christ's life was the epitomy of "unfairness". Yet He joyfully endured and shined love and mercy. Let us strive to be conformed to Christs image. I have a lot of work to do. I can look back of the past week and think of many many times where I failed in this calling. It really is a struggle for me to not desire of sense of "fairness" in how others treat me.

May you lean on Grace!

No comments: