Sunday, April 3

College Weekend

Wow...what a weekend.

Ok...so I'll start with Thursday night. Alan Banwart and Josh Steffen came from Washington D.C. and were at Thursday night Bible Study at ISU. Kent Kloter did a wonderful study on Love vs. Selfishness. Afterwards a small group of us went out to eat at Damons. Alan came and spent the night at my house. I had to get up pretty early to drive 2 hrs to a job in Macomb, IL, so I had a short night. Friday night Alan and I went to a boys camp organizational meeting at Leslie Ringers house. It was a blessing and I think I'm going to try and be a part of that in some respect this year. After the meeting and some singing and fellowship Alan and I went to Tami...I have no idea how to spell her last name...phonetically...in-o-way...yeah, her house. Aaron Plattner and John Gerst showed up there late, so we hung out with them awhile. About 12:30 Alan and I went back to my house, and Michelle Bahr, Dona Fehr, Tony Esslinger, Tommie Hitz, Jake Leman, Jon Wales, Brooke Huber, and Tasha Knoblock all spent the night after showing up late from KS. Another short night. Saturday morning we got up and ate brunch at Busy Corner. There were about 23 of us that met there. College Weekend was in Bloomington so we got to registration around noon and spent the afternoon/evening there hearing Gods word on topics pertaining to "Vision". The theme verse was Ephesians 4:12. It was a blessed day.

*note to self* Bring back the sherbet slushie!!!

Saturday night we got back to my house late and stayed up and talked. Another late night. Sunday we kinda split up on the churches we went to. I went to Gridley in the morning and Washington in the afternoon.

Well, I'm telling people my home church is officially Washington. So I pray that God will give me a servant heart, so I can fill my part in service in that church.

Guys who stayed at my house...Thank you. From the bottom of my heart I love you all. Christian Friendships are SUCH a huge blessing in my life. Keep challenging me to grow!

Vince, I look forward to seeing you next weekend!!

God Bless.

No comments: