Monday, April 11

Weekends

Another weekend with little sleep, and now I'm paying the price. I got sick on Sunday. I woke up with a sore throat and it got progressively worse throughout the day. By Sunday evening I had body aches and chills. I got 9 1/2 hrs of sleep last night and I'm still really drained today. My body feels beat up.

It was still an enjoyable weekend overall.

Friday after work I "explored" the pasture behind our house. I took my guitar and a book and just went and relaxed by a small stream. It felt so good, and the weather was beautiful. "Be still and know that I am God". Nature is a wonderful way for me to remember Gods majesty.

Saturday after lunch at Busy Corner with Gerbs, Prather, Holly Plattner, Ashley Drayer, and Steffanie (Ashley's cousin), I went to my brothers house in Eureka. Benj and I tore apart my old motorcycle and cleaned up the petcock and the carburator, and lo and behold it fired up on the first try, after sitting for 3 years untouched. That little Honda's amazing. It was a lot of fun and good bonding time with my bro. Sunday Vince Francesi and Tyler Scott and I went to morning church in Roanoke and afternoon in Washington. Cody Maher came with us to Washington in the afternoon.

Stay humble...stay thankful.

In HIM!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it was a great weekend! :) Lunch at Busy Corner was great, talking to Kent at church was awesome, but the highlight might be my nice drive with Steff to Washington church in the afternoon on Sunday... ;)

Ash