Wednesday, April 13

Jack Handy Quotes

I love these. Totally my kind of humor. Leave a comment, vote for your favorite one. Or maybe you hate them all, I don't know.


  1. To me, boxing is like a ballet, except there's no music, no choreography and the dancers hit each other.
    --Jack Handy Deep Thoughts

  2. I wish I would have a real tragic love affair and get so bummed out that I'd just quit my job and become a bum for a few years, because I was thinking about doing that anyway.
    --Jack Handy Deep Thoughts

  3. If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
    --Jack Handy Deep Thoughts

  4. Instead of a trap door, what about a trap window? The guy looks out it, and if he leans too far, he falls out. Wait. I guess that's like a regular window.
    --Jack Handy Deep Thoughts

  5. The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face.
    --Jack Handy Deep Thoughts

  6. Somebody told me how frightening it was how much topsoil we are losing each year, but I told that story around the campfire and nobody got scared.
    --Jack Handy Deep Thoughts

  7. As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.
    --Jack Handy Deep Thoughts


And now...to end this post on a more solemn note. Here's a quote from someone infinitely more important than good 'ol Jack.

From Matthew 5:44
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
--Jesus

Have you ever concentrated on accomplishing this? Wow...talk about fighting against the flesh. This would be the epitome of selflessness.

Update! Number 7 has four votes, but the voting is kinda spread out. I love finding out what other people find funny. :) Keep voting!

11 comments:

Tifani said...

I like number 1 and 4! 1 for apparent reasons and 4...cause it's just quirky!

Luke said...

I thought of you and Mags when I put that one in there...actually reading number 1 and then thinking of you two is what gave me the idea to post this blog. :)

Anon said...

I like 7. A lot. I think it's my favorite, but I like 'em all.
Who is Jack Handy??

Anonymous said...

I like #4 & 5 the best. :) Thanks for the reminder from Matthew too, I got a lot to work on.

Ash

Anonymous said...

hmm... I like 1 the best but I didn't understand 6??
Jess Yerg

Chris said...

seven...

def...def..definately seven... yeah seven

redgreenyellowseven..

yeah..

Anonymous said...

I'm takin' a likin to #1 :D
-Maggs-

Anonymous said...

Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.

Anonymous said...

Number 5...it reminds me of my little sister!:)

Steffanie B.

Anonymous said...

Okay, we've all told you our favorites...which is your favorite?

Ash and Steff

Luke said...

I think I like 3 the best. It gets me thinking about other deep things.